UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit | Medivent
UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit (or UV Air Purifier) Medivent by Famed uses a Germicidal Lamp in conjunction with an air intake and output unit to help disinfect the room it is located by killing various microorganisms in the ambient air.
How does it work?
An intake pulls air from the surrounding area, the lamp radiates and kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other microorganisms by emitting ultraviolet radiation UV-C band (254 mm wavelength), before expelling the clean air back into the room. (see: Medivent youtube video)
How effective is it?
After 7-8 hours approximately 55% of the bacteria, viruses, and fungi. 72hrs in this environment these microorganisms can be reduced by more than 90%. Resulting in a room that stays safer every day.
The research on the subject of evaluation of anti-microorganism effectiveness of UV Air Purifier Medivent by Famed has been done in the laboratory of Institute of Fermentation Technology and Microbiology of the Technical University of Lodz, as well as Oncology Center at the Institute of them. M. Sklodowska-Curie in Warsaw – test reports can be found on the Research tab above.
UV Disinfection: What does UV mean? – What does Disinfect Mean?
UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit uses UV light to kill the harmful germs in the surrounding air. This means light is disinfecting the air in place of chemicals or too many complex filters like similar products.
Disinfecting the air means cleaning it to the point of actually killing the germs rather than trying to simply filter them out.
Where does it work best?
UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit can provide health benefits to any room it is placed or installed in. The optimal operating space is up to a square footage of 5x5m (Approx. 54 sqr foot) and 3m high (Approx. 10 feet). UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit can still provide benefits to a larger room but multiple units may be necessary if the area is too large.
Environments that may benefit from a personal UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit include…
Homes that want to avoid infection and illness
Doctors’ waiting rooms
UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit Medivent by Famed…
- Is efficient in killing the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Eschericha coli and Candida albicans fungus.
- Disinfects air in rooms at the lowest cost.
- May be used in rooms occupied by people, animals or plants without any harmful effect. This means it is perfect for high traffic areas.
- Operates noiselessly, emits neither harmful substances nor radiation; contrary to chemical methods disinfected rooms are not contaminated with chemicals.
UV Disinfection Germicidal Unit is designed to be quiet and people-friendly, and therefore applicable in the following business environments…
- Consulting rooms
- Beauty parlours
- Medicine production plant
- Everywhere, where airborne microorganisms produce harmful effect the UV Disinfection can be beneficial.
UV Air Purifier Medivent by Famed units are available with 3- or 2- UV bulbs. The following types are available:
- VFS 100 – mobile with 3 UV bulbs
- VFS 70 – mobile with 2 UV bulbs
- VFC 100 – ceiling-mounted with 3 UV bulbs
- VFC 70 – ceiling-mounted with 2 UV bulbs
- VFW 100 – wall-mounted with 3 UV bulbs
- VFW 70 – wall-mounted with 2 UV bulbs