ABI Dopplex Ability Automatic Brachial Index System
Requires minimal training and provides rapid bilateral ABI measurements in just 3 minutes. It’s portability enables measurements to be made more efficiently in the primary care clinic, hospital or patient’s home. This can lead to the prioritisation od clinical services by improving clinical pathways.
Dopplex Ability also records the ankle pulse volume waveforms which provides pictorial evidence to aid a clinician’s diagnosis; this is of particular value in patients who are prone to arterial calcification, such as diabetics.
Cost Saving, Time Saving and Improved Efficiencies
- Rapid Measurements in 3 Minutes.
- No Need to rest the Patient.
- Can be used by Healthcare Support Staff.
- Reduces Inappropriate Referrals.
- Immediate Printouts.
- Printouts and Archiving of Results with DR4 Software Package.
ABI Dopplex Ability by Huntleigh
The Dopplex Ability has revolutionised the ABI process and provides automatic, easy, fast and accurate measurements with an immediate printout of results from the integral printer or optional DR4 software package.
Dopplex Ability requires minimal training and provides rapid bilateral ABI measurements in just 3 minutes. Its portability enables measurements to be made more efficiently in the primary care clinic, hospital or patient’s home. This can lead to the prioritisation of clinical services by improving clinical pathways.
Where can Dopplex Ability be used?
Wound care – for detecting arterial disease prior to applying compression bandaging PAD detection – symptomatic or asymptomatic CHD screening – identifying risk factors.
The Dopplex Ability offers a cost effective solution for the measurement of ABI:
- Rapid measurements in 3mins (Doppler based ABI
typically takes 30mins)
- No need to rest the patient
- Can be used by healthcare support staff
- Reduces inappropriate referrals
Reasons to choose the Huntleigh ABI Dopplex System
- Very Easy to Use
- Fully Automatic
- Easy to apply 4 cuff system
- No need for patient preparation (removing socks etc)
- Rapid bi-lateral ABI measurement in 3 minutes
- Automatic interpretation of ABI
- Accurate reproducible results
- ABI can be taken by healthcare support staff
- No need to rest patient
- Portable & powered by mains or rechargeable battery
A complete printout of all results including systolic pressures, ABIs and Pulse Volume waveforms on either thermal paper or adhesive backed label paper is produced by the integral printer, recording time and date automatically. The ankle pulse volume waveforms can be used to aid the clinician’s diagnosis especially in patients with medial calcification often found in the diabetic population.