MIR Minispir 2 Spirometer
$1,674.00 Excl. GST
MIR Minispir Spirometer is a PC based spirometer with oximetry option. Directly connects to a PC via USB.
A great device for Pulmonologists, Respiratory Therapists, Allergists, General Practitioners, Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine, Sport Medicine and Cardiologists to access respira pathologies.
- Use of this device may allow MBS item claim (#11505 & #11506) Contact Medicare for more information
MIR Minispir 2 Spirometer
Computer-based spirometer for complete respiratory analysis
The MIR Minispir 2 turbine spirometer is your respiratory laboratory in miniature. This compact but powerful device is connected via PC to WinspiroPRO® high performance software via an integrated USB port.
MIR technology is created by a Red Dot Award winning Italian-based design team. MIR is responsible for a range of advanced and internationally recognised spirometry solutions which have been designed and manufactured for use by medical practitioners and researchers for over twenty years.
Zone Medical currently supplies seven spirometry models: the MIR Spirolab 4 Desktop, MIR Spirobank 2 Basic, MIR Spirobank 2 Smart, MIR Spirobank 2 Advanced, MIR Smart One Personal Peak Flow Meter, MIR Spirodoc and the MIR Minispir II. This compact but intuitive model boasts advanced test interpretation with over thirty spirometry parameters.
Who is it for?
The MIR Minispir 2 spirometer is particularly valuable to general practitioners, paediatric departments, pulmonologists, allergists, occupational and sports medicine practitioners, and cardiologists who wish to evaluate and follow their patients both in a clinical setting and from the patient’s home. This model is also the perfect solution for clinical trials where long-term and highly specific data can be gathered from multiple subjects.
Minispir spirometer use complies with the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) for two items: #11505 and #11506. These recently created or amended items encourage the use of best-practice spirometry in general practice.
The MIR Minispir 2 spirometer is extremely simple to use. Respiratory exacerbations in the home setting are often forgotten and unreported; through lung function testing in the comfort of one’s own home, general practitioners and specialists can access a complete set of data. For the patient, this means improved outcome. Costs per test remain low thanks to the use of disposable turbines. In addition, patients play a more active role in their respiratory health and also avoid the inconvenience of excessive consultations.
Paediatric populations are quickly educated in spirometer use through the MIR-patented ‘incentivator’. Colourful on-screen animations engage the younger patient and encourage correct technique, producing accurate results in a notoriously difficult-to-measure group.
MIR Minispir 2
- Wide selection of predicted values.
- Real time Flow/Volume loop and Volume/Time Curve with PRE/POST comparison.
- Automatic Spirometry interpretation with alert messages.
- ATS compliant and supports NHANES III standard.
- Multi-language interface.
- Incentive system to improve patient compliance during spirometry test.
- Directly connects to a PC via USB (No cradle or battery required).
- Internal temperature and pressure sensor for automatic correction.
- Easy solution for custom made applications.
- Never requires calibration when using disposable turbines.
- Optional SpO2 upgrade.
Why the MIR Minispir 2 spirometer
FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FVC, FEV1/VC, PEF, FEF25, FEF50, FEF75, FEF25-75,Lung age, Extrapolated volume, FET, FEV3, FEV3/FVC, FEV6, FEV1/FEV6, FIVC, FIV1, FIV1/FIVC, PIF, VC, IVC, IC, ERV, Rf, VE, VT, tI, tE, VT/tI, tE/tTOT, MVV.
Real Time Flow/Volume loops and Volume/Time curves allow for PRE/POST comparison, particularly of use in bronchodilator therapy evaluations.
The Minispir spirometer is ATS compliant and supports the NHANES III and GLI standards. This model improves patient compliance through incentive systems and provides automatic spirometry interpretation with alert messaging. The MIR Minispir 2 is therefore ideal for both health care and home settings.
Other MIR Minispir 2 spirometer specifications include:
- Direct connection to PC via USB
- Best Practice and Medical Director compatible
- Low-cost testing: disposable turbines, maintenance and cross infection-free device
- Automatic corrections using internal temperature (0 – 45°C) and pressure sensors
- Calibration-free use with 100% hygienic disposable turbines
- Reusable turbines available upon request
- BTPS sensor negating temperature and pressure calibration
- Multi-lingual interface
- Easy-to-use WinspiroPRO® software included
- MBS item claims: #11505 and #11506
- Includes carrying case, nose clip, 60 x disposable turbine flowmeters with mouthpiece, USB cable
A great device for Pulmonologists, Respiratory Therapists , Allergists, General Practioners, Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Cardiologists to assess respiratory pathologies.
Paediatric Incentive Animations
The use of a system patented by MIR allows you to view an “incentivator” directly on the screen, which is helpful to improve patient compliance during a Spirometry test. This feature is especially useful in outpatients’ primary care.
Winspiro Pro – Unique Software standard with MIR Products
- MIR Minispir 2 comes with Winspiro standard.
- Complete and powerful version for specialists and homecare
- Offers different communication protocols
- Supports Telemedicine projects
- Advanced features for oximetry management including nocturnal desaturation analysis and body position during sleep and 6-minute walk test.
- Graphics and tables of all patient tests available on a single page.
- Bronchodilator reversibility test and bronchial challenge with FEV1 response curve – including the new protocol for the Mannitol – in a single click.
- Patient trend chart available for selected parameters from entire database.
12 Month Warranty
Looking for a spirometer with oximetry option? Check our MIR Spirobank 2 Smart Spirometer
Use of this device may allow MBS item claim (#11505 & #11506) Contact Medicare for more information
FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FVC%, FEV3, FEV3/FVC%, FEV6, FEV1/FEV6%, PEF, FEF25%, FEF50%, FEF75%, FEF25-75%, FET, Vext, Lung Age, FIVC, FIV1, FIV1/FIVC%, PIF, VC, IVC, IC, ERV, FEV1/VC%, VT, VE, Rf, ti, te, ti/t-tot, VT/ti, MVV
Temperature sensor: semiconductor (0-45°C)
Flow sensor: bi-directional digital turbine
Flow range: ± 16 L/s
Volume accuracy: ± 3% or 50 mL
Flow accuracy: ± 5% or 200 mL/s
Dynamic resistance at 12 L/s: <0.5 cmH2O/L/s
Communication port: USB
Power Supply: line powered from USB port
Dimension: 52×128×26 mm
Weight: 70 gram
Standard price includes
1 x CD winspiro PRO PC software
1 x USB cable
1 x noseclip
10 x disposable turbine flowmeter with mouthpiece
1 x carrying case.
MIR Minispir 2 Spirometer Brochure
MIR Minispir 2 Spirometer Flyer
MIR Disposable Turbines Brochure
MIR Winspiro Pro Software Brochure
MIR Minispir 2 User Manual
MIR Minispir 2 Quick Guide
Most Common Errors In The Curve
How to Upgrade Software using WinspiroPRO Software