MIR Spirobank 2 Basic Spirometer
MIR Spirobank 2 or II® features careful design and user-friendly technology, making it the new standard in the field of portable spirometry. Functions quickly and intuitively with an icon-based navigation menu. FVC and VC tests with main parameters always activated.
The MIR Spirobank 2 basic turbine spirometer is an easy-to-use handheld spirometer showing real-time results on an integrated screen. This low-cost, professional spirometer can be connected via USB to WinspiroPRO® high performance PC software.
MIR technology is created by a Red Dot Award winning Italian-based design team. MIR is responsible for a range of advanced and internationally recognised spirometry solutions which have been designed and manufactured for use by medical practitioners and researchers for over twenty years.
Zone Medical currently supplies seven spirometry models: the MIR Minispir 2, MIR Spirolab 4 Desktop, MIR Spirodoc, MIR Spirobank 2 Smart, MIR Spirobank 2 Advanced, MIR Smart One Personal Peak Flow Meter, and the MIR Spirobank 2 Basic This simple but intuitive model boasts immediate test interpretation with twelve essential spirometry parameters.
Who is it for?
MIR Spirobank 2 Basic spirometer use complies with the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) for two items: #11505 and #11506. These recently created or amended items encourage the use of well-performed spirometry in general practice.
- Fast and intuitive to operate with an icon-based navigation menu
- Backlit, high-resolution display
- On screen results and curves preview for immediate data analysis
- Ideal for family doctors, primary care, occupational medicine, screening.
- Estimated Lung Age (ELA) test to assess the benefits from smoking cessation
- Traffic lights for immediate test interpretation
- Rechargeable, long-life battery (~ 40 hours continous operation)
- Real-time tests via USB (Bluetooth optional)
- Memory up to 10,000 tests
- The tests are analyzed directly on the display without having to connect to a computer.
- Internal temperature and pressure sensor for automatic correction
- Never requires calibration when using disposable turbines
The MIR Spirobank II Basic spirometer features paediatric incentive animations which appear directly on the screen. On-screen animations engage the younger patient and encourage correct technique, producing accurate results in a notoriously difficult-to-measure group. Compliant and educated respiratory patients who wish to measure airway function from home will also benefit from this basic model as it provides daily curve data without the need to spend unnecessary time in a clinical setting. Traffic light test interpretation and an extensive memory mean home testing and evaluation is even possible for patients without an Internet connection or home computer. Similarly, general practitioners on call-outs can immediately assess patients, improving patient outcome.
Why the MIR Spirobank 2 Basic spirometer?
The easy to use and portable Spirobank 2 Basic model from MIR accurately measures the following parameters:
FVC, FEV1, FEV1%, PEF, FEF25-75, Lung age, Extrapolated volume, FET, VC, IVC, IC, ERV
Real time Flow/Volume loops and Volume/Time curves allow for PRE/POST comparison, particularly of use in bronchodilator therapy evaluations in combination with WinspiroPRO® software.
Other MIR Spirobank 2 spirometer specifications include:
- Immediate numerical and curve results available on the built-in 2.5” HR screen
- Traffic light health indication
- Patented paediatric ‘incentivator’ animations, perfect for bronchodilator reversibility and bronchial challenge (FEV1-response) testing
- Searchable results for instant database access of up to 10,000 spirometry results
- Low-cost testing: disposable turbines, maintenance- and calibration-free device
- BTPS sensor negating temperature and pressure calibration
- Rechargeable long-life 3.7 V lithium battery for up to 40 hours of continuous use
- 6-key membrane keyboard
- Easy-to-use WinspiroPRO® software included
- Best Practice and Medical Director Compatible
- MBS item claims: #11505 and #11506
- Includes carrying case and USB cable
Bronchodilator Reversibility, Bronchial Challenge with FEV1–response curve
with LLN and Z–score.
Patient Trend Charts for easy follow–up
Wide selection of communication protocols.
Paediatric Incentive Animations
The use of a system patented by MIR allows you to view an “incentivator” directly on the screen, which is helpful to improve patient compliance during a Spirometry test. This feature is especially useful in outpatients’ primary care.
12 Month Warranty
Looking for a spirometer with oximetry option? Check our MIR Spirobank 2 Smart Spiromete