MIR Spirodoc Spirometer with 3D Oximeter and SpO2
The MIR Spirodoc touchscreen spirometer boasts the first ever three-axis oximeter and can be implemented as a stand alone or connected device via an integrated USB port or Bluetooth® 2.1 connection. Available as a spirometer, combined spirometer and oximeter, or as an oximeter, the MIR Spirodoc® has filled an important niche in the field of respiratory diagnostics both within and without the clinical setting.
MIR technology is created by a Red Dot Award winning Italian-based design team. MIR is responsible for a range of advanced and internationally recognised spirometry solutions which have been designed and manufactured for use by medical practitioners and researchers for over twenty years.
Zone Medical currently supplies seven spirometry models: the MIR Minispir 2, MIR Spirolab 4 Desktop, MIR Spirobank 2 Basic, MIR Spirobank 2 Smart, MIR Spirobank 2 Advanced, MIR Smart One Personal Peak Flow Meter and the MIR Spirodoc. This specialised portable model incorporates movement-based saturation sensors which correlates %SaO2 with physical activity. This makes the MIR Spirodoc the ideal solution for Spot Oximetry, 6MWT, Sleep Analysis and 24h Holter assessments in addition to a broad range of airway function tests.
Who is it for?
The MIR Spirodoc spirometer/spirometer with oximeter is successfully used in clinical and non-clinical settings dealing with respiratory diagnostics and therapies, such as pulmonology and cardiology departments, general practitioners and sleep clinics. As either a stand alone or connected device the plethora of available tests allow specialists to gather accurate and specific short- and long-term data. Easily portable, the Spirodoc collects necessary data for the production of 24-hour, weekly, monthly and longer duration curves from the comfort of the patient’s own home.
The MIR Spirodoc spirometer complies with the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) for two items: #11505 and #11506. These recently created or amended items encourage the use of well-performed spirometry in general practice.
The MIR Spirodoc spirometer with optional oximeter is simple to implement and features on-screen virtual assistant incentives for adults and paediatric incentive animations with adjustable difficulty levels. In addition, this device can be operated according to three modes – Advanced (for specialist use), Reduced (screening) and Home Care. Home Care consists of a complete touch screen system with eDiary function featuring adjustable questions and automatic answer recording. The Spirodoc spirometer’s ability to simultaneously carry out multiple tests reduces patient consultation time and airway test repetition and allows for long-term, repetitive testing and results recording using personalised patient data and responses. The MIR Spirodoc touchscreen spirometer (with/without oximeter) stores up to 10,000 searchable results at any one time.
Why the MIR Spirdoc spirometer and oximeter?
The combination of pulse oximeter, triaxial accelerometer sensor and detachable spirometer has led to this this multifunctional specialised solution to be a popular choice among a broad group of medical professionals. In combination with WinspiroPRO® software, this small but extremely accurate and innovative device is easy to use, easy to interpret and features more than eighty spirometry and oximetry parameters. The high levels of personalisation in combination with 3D oximetry provide results that correspond directly with individual patients and individual habits.
The MIR Spirodoc® accurately measures the following parameters as a stand-alone or connected device:
FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FVC%, FEV3, FEV3/FVC%, FEV6, FEV1/FEV6%, PEF, FEF25%, FEF50%, FEF75%, FEF25%-75%, FET, Estimated Lung Age, Extrapolated Volume, FIVC, FIV1, FIV1/FIVC%, PIF, VC, IVC, IC, ERV, FEV1/VC%, VT, VE, Rf, tI, tE, tI/t-tot, VT/tI, MVV (measured) , MVV (calculated)
Walk testing, Spot testing and Bronchial Challenge assessment are also possible with a PC connection. Real time Flow/Volume loops and Volume/Time curves (via PC) allow for PRE/POST comparison, particularly of use in bronchodilator therapy evaluations.
Other MIR Spirodoc specifications include:
- Patented 3D Oximeter
- Touchscreen interface (keyboard with PC connection)
- Six Minute Walk Test parameters
- Estimated distance
- Distance walked
- Predicted distance
- TΔ2% [SpO2≥2%]
- TΔ4% [ΔSpO2≥4%]
- Time [Rest, Walking, Recovery]
- Desaturation Area/Distance Optional data entry:
- Arterial blood pressure [systolic and diastolic]
- Administered oxygen
- Sleep Analysis parameters (optional)
- Body position
- SpO2 Events
- Desaturation Index (ODI)
- Desaturation (Mean Value, Mean duration, Longest duration, Nadir Peak)
- Total Variations
- Pulse Rate Index
- NOD89% (SpO2< 89%; >5min)
- NOD4% (SpO2 Basale–4%; >5min)
- NOD90% (SpO2<90%; Nadir<86%; >5min)
- Bluetooth to printer connection
- Traffic light health indicator
- Results immediately available on built-in, backlit 3” HR display
- Bluetooth® 2.1 data transmission
- Patented paediatric ‘incentivator’ animations and adult virtual assistant incentives
- Uploadable and searchable results
- Low-cost testing: disposable turbines, maintenance-free device
- Detachable spirometer
- Calibration-free use with 100% hygienic disposable turbines
- USB rechargeable long-life 3.7 V lithium battery
- Quanjer 2012-GLI Predicted values (LLN/Z-score)
- BTPS sensor negating temperature and pressure calibration
- Easy-to-use WinspiroPRO® software included
- Best Practice and Medical Director Compatible
- MBS item claims: #11505 and #11506
- Includes carrying case, 60 x disposable turbine flowmeters and USB cable.
Intelligent Pulse Oximeter with On-Screen Results
Simple and clear SpO2 and HR measurements with a view of the plethysmographic curve.
From a single six-minute walk test, MIR Spirodoc gives an estimate of the level of oxygen therapy required by the patient.
Innovative and essential in pneumology, cardiology and rehabilitation etc.
3D Accelerometer with Motion Analysis
MIR Spirodoc is the first “3D Oximeter®” to incorporate a three axis movement sensor to correlate the saturation level (%SpO2) to the physical activity (walk counter, movement analysis and VMU).
Patient’s Home-Care Symptoms Diary
Fast on-screen symptoms entry.
Complete touch screen with settable questions and automatic answer recording for homecare patient use (eDiary).
Dual doctor mode settings in MIR Spirodoc
- Advanced parameter setting for pulmonologists.
- Simplified general practitioner functioning with essential report for screening.
- Rechargeable lithium batteries
- New Winspiro PRO PC Software
- HOME CARE Application with Onekey device activation