The Professionals’ Choice for Cross-Infection Prevention in Routine Spirometry and Lung Function Testing
Developed in response to feedback from global respiratory professionals, the new Vitalograph Eco Bacterial Viral Filters range ensures that patients, medical personnel and equipment are properly protected from cross infection and contamination during pulmonary function testing.
Eco BVFs feature an electrostatically charged barrier that filters droplets, aerosols, bacteria and viruses out of the airstream with in excess of 99.999% efficiency.
Bacterial Viral Filters make cleaning the PFT equipment flowhead much simpler, saving time and money, and ensure compliance with the most stringent hygiene requirements within quality management systems.
The extended patient side of the filter with plastic bite on lip reduces costs by eliminating the need for expensive silicone bite-on mouthpieces.
Innovations in our manufacturing process have resulted in filters that occupy 54%* less space, thereby dramatically reducing the volume/bulk of filter waste generated, while maintaining full measurement accuracy on all PFT systems. All Vitalograph Eco BVFs and BVF/Disposable Nose Clip Kits are made from 100% recyclable materials.
• 100% recyclable materials
• 80% reduction in energy expended during manufacturing*
• 54% reduction in filter waste volume*
*compared to standard Vitalograph BVFs
• Optimal protection for patients, staff and equipment
• Traps expectorated matter, bacteria and viruses
• Validated cross-contamination efficiency >99.999%
• Filter dead space 55ml (excluding tapers)
• Low flow impedance <0.04kPa at 1L/s
• New Bite-Lip and standard Eco BVFs available for all leading makes of PFT equipment
Measurement Accuracy Assured for all Spirometer & PFT System Brands
You can be confident that the use of Eco BVFs will not give rise to measurement errors. The following points are worth noting:
- Resistance (Flow Impedance) of the filter: Vitalograph filters
are well below the maximum resistance value recommended
by international ATS/ERS/ISO Spirometry Standards.
- The New Vitalograph Eco BVF has a comparatively small
effective deadspace of 55ml to improve the validity and
consistency of testing and minimise rebreathing.
Compliance with International Standards
Vitalograph is a world leading manufacture of equipment for
pulmonary function professionals. Vitalograph filters are CE
marked (CE 0086) and are designed and manufactured in line
with the following requirements: ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR 820, CMDR, JPAL