Portable Palm Bladder Scanner from Meike
The Palm Portable Bladder Scanner v4.1 is a real time handheld noninvasive device with advance 3-D Ultrasonic technology. Through ultrasonic echo technology it easily differentiates between the bladder and surrounding structures. It accurately measures bladder and residual volumes. The system is ideal for scanning male, female and paediatric patients in real time. Excellent for training and illustrating pelvic floor exercises. Suitable for hospital environments and it’s light weight portability makes it ideal for community service providers and private practice.
PBS Bladder Scanner Features
- Light weight portability
- 8.4” colour LCD touch screen
- User friendly software
- Easy to operate
- Ability to store and review patient images and records
- Accurately measures bladder and residual volumes
- USB connectivity for data transfer to PC
- Software upgrades via Internet
- Long life lithium battery
- In-built smart calibrating program
- Connection to an external printer
- Case, Stand, Cradle, Printer & Battery standard
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Emergency departments
- General surgery
- Community Health Centres
Advantages of Bladder Scanner over conventional scanners
The Meike bladder scanner use the Bladder reconstruction technology, its accuracy is ±15%, ±15ml (0~150ml); ±10%, ±15ml (150~999ml).
The conventional scanner can’t give a precise number, it need sonographer to calculate it by measuring the width, depth and height. Its average accuracy is ±30%. It have a very limited use in clinical practice.
2. Efficiency of Palm Bladder Scanner
The bladder scanner can give a results automatically. The scanning time would be 4-5 seconds & there is no need for the sonographer as the nurse would be able to perform this job after some simple training.
In clinical use, this characters would improve the efficiency of the hospital and help patients to rehabilitate quicker.
3. Outline the bladder edge
The Meike bladder scanner utilizes Bladder edge recognition techniques on each B-mode images. It outline the edge by red lines. The User can judge if it use the correct area to calculate. If not, you should relocate the bladder. It make the result more scientific and reliable.
4. It help to reduce unnecessary catheterization and nosocomial infections.
By measuring the bladder volume to decide the need of catheterization, hospital could save a lot on the unnecessary catheterization and catheter-associated infections. It also improves the treatment experience of patients.
5. Multi scan mode
Scan mode: Male, Female, Pediatric (Residual), make it more accurate.
Scan planes: 12 planes/ 24 planes.
- 12 planes more quick in the scanning and calculation.
- 24 planes more accurate in the result.