Portable Bladder Scanner v.5.1 – Meike
Palm Bladder Scanner 5.1
- Pre-scanning display modes: expert & easy
Expert mode: allow users to see the real-time imaging.
Easy mode: display the bladder simple outline sketch.
- Best scan location prompt
The device will prompt when the probe is in the best and optimal bladder position during pre-scanning.
- Bladder border recognition manual correction
Manual contour the scanned grey-scale images to correct
the volume, which can avoid re-scanning.
- Bar code scanning
Scan bar code to read patient information directly
- Large Memory capacity
Large memory capacity allows to store over 1000 patients cases.
- Portable & stationary mode
The PBS can be used on battery and also while plugged in ( DC charging)
Advantages of Portable Bladder Scanner 5.1 over conventional scanners
The Meike portable bladder scanner use the Bladder reconstruction technology, its accuracy is ±10%, ±10ml at a range of 0-999ml.
The conventional bladder scanner does not usually show precise calculation of urine. Usually, a sonographer is required to calculate precisely by measuring the width, depth and height of the bladder and its average accuracy is ±30%, which is less than optimal. Thus, having very limited use in a clinical practice.
2. Efficiency of Palm Bladder Scanner
The bladder scanner can show results automatically and the scanning time would only take 4-5 seconds. There is no need for a sonographer to be present as a nurse would be able to perform the scan after some simple training.
During clinical use, this would improve the efficiency of the hospital and help patients to rehabilitate quicker.
3. Outline the bladder edge
The Meike bladder scanner utilises bladder edge recognition techniques on each B-mode image and outlines the edge by red lines. The user can judge if it uses the correct area to calculate and if not, you should rescan the bladder area. It makes the result more scientific and reliable.
4. Helps to reduce unnecessary catheterisation and nosocomial infections.
By measuring the bladder volume to decide the need for catheterisation, a hospital could save a lot on unnecessary catheterisation and catheter-associated infections. It also improves the treatment experience of patients.
5. Multi scan mode
Scan mode: Male, Female, Pediatric.
PBS Portable Bladder Scanner Features
- Light weight
- 8.4” colour LCD TFT screen
- User friendly software
- Easy to operate
- Ability to store and review patient images and records
- Accurately measures bladder and residual volumes
- USB connectivity for data transfer to PC
- Software upgrades via Internet
- Long life lithium battery
- In-built smart calibrating program
- Connection to an external printer
- Hard case, Cradle, Printer, Probe, Battery, etc. included
(refer to kit contents for full list of inclusions)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Emergency departments
- General surgery
- In-home medical
- Nursing homes
- Community Medical Centres
- Family Doctors